Job Title: Accounting Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: National Executive Director
Location: National Headquarters, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Date: May 5, 2023
ABOUT KAPPA KAPPA PSI & TAU BETA SIGMA
Kappa Kappa Psi Fraternity and Tau Beta Sigma Sorority are honorary service and leadership organizations that serve college and university band programs through service projects, fundraisers, social events, and other projects designed to promote the welfare of those programs. As 501(c)3 non-profits, we operate to advance college and university bands. The national headquarters is located in Stillwater, Oklahoma, roughly one hour from Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Our organizations have a combined active membership of approximately 6,000 college and university students.
The Accounting Coordinator will work to support the organizations’ financial activities. A complete job description is detailed below.
The Accounting Coordinator works with the Accounting Manager to execute all bookkeeping functions including payroll, accounts payable, preparation of financial statements, and all federal and state reports and tax payments.
Additional responsibilities include conducting research and financial reporting for National Executive Director and National Councils; tracking spending levels; assisting with all direct banking activities; and auditing invoices, prices, and royalty payments from jewelry and other contractors.
The Accounting Coordinator is a full-time salaried position located at the National Headquarters of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Benefits include health insurance (with vision and dental) and a 401(k) Employee Saving Plan.
- Posts and balances Accounts Receivable books, General Fund books, Trust Fund books, District Fund books, and National Convention books.
- Assists with Investment Account deposits and transfers.
- Works with auditor at the end of the fiscal year on annual audit or review.
- Reports monthly and quarterly tax forms.
- Prepares financial statements.
- Processes payroll and payment of all bills.
- Inventories consignment jewelry for district convention jewelry sales handled by staff or volunteer leadership.
- Works with District Leadership regarding district funds and reimbursements.
- Assists with preparation and management of national conventions.
- Attends district and national conventions and assists with committees as requested.
- Monitors credit card transactions related to National Headquarters operations and conventions.
- Assists with monetary scholarship awards, matching grants, and similar programs of the national organizations.
- Completed bachelor’s degree (preferably Business, Accounting, Finance or similar analytically skilled) or higher, or equivalent work experience (i.e. 2+ years of similar level work experience) is required.
- Advanced certification(s) are desired.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be able to organize, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects consistently. Attention to detail is critical and must be demonstrated.
- Able to communicate complex data clearly.
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Exercise a clear and articulate approach to all types of communication media and problem solving with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and online file sharing systems.
- Working experience in a Financial Software Product. (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Commitment to the missions of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a National Headquarters Job Application, cover letter, resume, and three references.
Please send to: Steve Nelson, National Executive Director – email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, application review will begin 14 days after initial job posting. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.
Link to National Headquarters Job Application