Job Title: Publications & Media Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: National Executive Director
Location: National Headquarters, Stillwater, Oklahoma
Date: August 15, 2022
ABOUT KAPPA KAPPA PSI & TAU BETA SIGMA
Founded on the campus of Oklahoma State University in 1919, Kappa Kappa Psi operates primarily as a student service and leadership recognition society for college and university band members. Our goals are to provide bands with organized and concentrated service activities; and to give our membership valid and wholesome experiences in organization, leadership and music. With a membership of more than 5,000 active brothers, Kappa Kappa Psi has chapters on more than 200 campuses.
Tau Beta Sigma is a highly respected co-educational music organization that is comprised of over 140 collegiate chapters and more than 2,000 collegiate members with a balanced representation of women and men. The Sorority operates primarily as a student service and leadership recognition society whose chief aim is to assist the Director of Bands in developing the leadership and enthusiasm that they require of their band. Our goals are not only to provide the band with organized and concentrated service activities, but to give our membership valid and wholesome experiences in organization, leadership, and social contacts.
The Publications & Media Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the National Headquarters’ digital and hardcopy design projects, websites, and social media presences.
The Publications & Media Manager is a full-time salaried position located at the National Headquarters of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Benefits include health insurance (with vision and dental) and a 401(k) Employee Saving Plan.
- The Publications & Media Manager works closely with the National Executive Director to design and edit the organizations’ official magazine, The Podium, which is published in hardcopy and digital versions twice a year.
- Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma maintain several websites that support the missions and programs of the organizations. The Publications & Media Manager is the principal designer and content manager for these sites; and, proposes updates and security upgrades as needed.
- The Publications & Media Manager works with our communications teams to maintain an active and helpful social media presence on behalf of the national organizations.
- Working with the National Headquarters staff and the national councils, the Publications and Media Manager designs all websites, social media and print publications related to the biennial national convention.
- Other projects include developing and maintaining branding and style guides, logos, education curricula documents, business cards, letterhead, banners, awards, certificates, seals and charters.
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of graphic design and/or publishing.
- Be detailed and creative.
- Be able to organize, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects consistently.
- Exercise a clear and articulate approach to all types of communication and problem solving.
- Demonstrated expertise in the written word.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required, more specifically using Adobe InDesign.
- Expert Working knowledge of website design, particularly on the WordPress platform.
- Experience and knowledge of fraternal organizations like Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma is desired.
- Comfortable speaking on a telephone and interacting with the general public.
- An Acceptable Background Check
- A willingness to work in-person at our National Headquarters in Stillwater, Oklahoma
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a National Headquarters Job Application, cover letter, resume, three references, and a portfolio of previous graphic design projects.
Link to National Headquarters Job Application
Send all application materials to Steve Nelson, National Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.