For Kappa Kappa Psi Virtual Ritual Experiences:
To request virtual Rituals, please email the Ritual Education & Performance Committee at Ritualeducation@kkpsi.org.
August 19, 2021
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
As we begin the 2021-2022 school year, the National Councils of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma wanted to provide you with updated guidance regarding Chapter operations. As COVID-19 is continuing to affect our lives, our campuses, and our band programs, we once again ask that all of our Chapters follow the advice of public health experts and the guidance given to you at the campus, local, state, and federal levels. We recognize that many of you may be feeling fatigued in your mitigation efforts, but we encourage everyone to remain vigilant in your efforts to ensure the health and safety of your families, friends, Sisters, Brothers, and fellow band members. We truly appreciate all that you have done to continue to live out our missions and ideals during the ongoing change in the status of the pandemic. We are continually inspired by each Chapter’s ingenuity, resolve, compassion, and positive presence in the face of great trials. You continue to inspire us!
Moving into the 2021-2022 school year terms, please note that the following updates have been made to our PIVOT! Chapter Operations Guide:
- A waiver for band participation will be granted by both National Councils, on a case by case basis. However, members must still be enrolled in coursework at their college or university and be in good standing with their university or college to be active members.
- Additional information has been provided for conducting in-person Fraternity and Sorority Rituals.
- Some Chapters may now be able to host in-person activities/events: Chapters should only host in-person social, service, membership, or fundraising activities/events during the 2021-2022 school year if the following criteria are in place:
- Your campus activities office, Dean of Students, Office of Greek Life, or other authorizing body is permitting your Chapter to host in-person activities/events on your campus.
- Your chapter activity/event has been approved by your Director of Bands and/or Chapter Sponsor in writing. This may include your Director of Bands and/or your Chapter Sponsor approving a semester calendar of events.
- Your Chapter follows all campus, local, state, and federal health and safety guidance.
- Your Chapter does not penalize members who feel uncomfortable attending these activities/events.
The National Councils of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma know that each campus continues to have their own unique procedure in place while navigating the unknowns of the new variants of the virus. It is our hope that the information outlined in PIVOT! continues to be easily adaptable to every Chapter’s situation. At this time, we ask that each Chapter complete this Google Form to share information from your university as it pertains to their COVID-19 protocol.
Questions about how to keep each other safe and how to navigate your campus’ guidelines can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your timely assistance in sharing this information.
As we continue to navigate through the weeks and months ahead, please know that your National Leadership Teams and your National Headquarters Staff are at your service. Our main goal has always been to help our Chapters be successful in our missions and ideals, even though the ways in which we serve may be different for now. If at any point you or your Chapter need assistance with anything at all, please contact us. We promise to work with you as you continue to strive for the highest for greater bands.
Jessica Lee, 2021 – 2023 Kappa Kappa Psi National President
Erika Pope, 2021 – 2023 Tau Beta Sigma National President
The National Leadership Teams of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma